Thursday, March 13, 2008

I Can't Wait



First, thank you to my sister, Jen, who helped me change the background! You are awesome and I love it.

We started buying supplies for our garden tonight! Can I tell you all how excited we are? My co-worker told me about square foot gardening. I went out and bought the book and was hooked. Steve was a little skeptic but after he read the book he was hooked too! I can't believe how much we are going to be able to grow in such little space! We decided to put the boxes on our RV pad. It's the perfect spot. Who would've thunk? This is so great! I can't wait until Saturday so we can start building our boxes. I'll keep you posted! Here's what we are planting in just 4 4X4 boxes. 10 tomatoes, 54 bean plants, 18 onions, 2 lettuce, 1 basil, 1 cilantro, 3 bell pepper plants, 1 jalepeno, 27 beets, 16 radish, 1 asparagus plant, 1 cherry tomato plant, 16 pea plants, 2 cucumber, 1 zucchini, and 2 pumpkins. Crazy!! Whoo hooooo. I can't wait to get my hands dirty. It's been a loooonnnngggg and cold winter and I can't wait to get this project started!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jen said...

That is awesome. I can't wait to see pics of it!

Post a Comment