Tuesday, April 15, 2008

33...today

I turned 33 today. That's so crazy! I remember when I was a teenager thinking that anyone in their 30's was really old. What little did I know? I love telling people that I'm 30 something. They never believe me. The other night I was asked by one of Steve's co-workers if I was 23. I could've kissed her! I was reading a scrapbooking magazing the other day and it had page layouts about age and getting older and I thought what advice I would give myself if I could go back in time.

So...if my 33 year old self could talk to my 13 year old self I would tell her
not to worry about the problems with friends now. Worry about school and get good grades because it really does matter. It's ok to like the boys but not that much!! It's ok not to be super popular. It really won't matter one day. And I would tell her to look and see just how awesome her family is!

And if my 33 year old self could talk to my 23 year old self I would tell her to stay in school and graduate college and that all that hard work and studying will end someday and it will be worth it. I would still tell her to get married but I would definately tell her to wait a few years before having kids. I would tell her to play lots and travel lots because once you have kids that ends for a long time. But I would tell her that it's all worth it. All the pain and suffering that comes with life is all worth it and will make her a better person in the end. Oh, I would also tell her to eat less now and exercise more!! She'll be happy she did!

But I can't go back in time. And that's ok. I'm so happy where I am in life. I have great kids and a great hubby who loves me no matter what! Friends are still important to me and being liked is too. It's funny how some things never change. I still hate drama and love boys (my boys that is!). I try to work hard and still take care of the daily grind. I hope I'm doing ok.

Oh...I would also tell my 13 and 23 year old self that I love them and I'm proud of who they are going to become.

Thank you for all of the GREAT gifts, cards, calls and emails. I love you guys!

1 comments:

Jen said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I love you so much and wish I could have been there personally to give you 33 paps on the bum!

Post a Comment