Thursday, September 2, 2010

100 Things to do Before I Die

I just read a blog entry by one of my favorite blogger, Petite Elephant. She created a list of 100 things to do before she dies and wanted her reader to do the same. So, guess what? I did! It was hard to come up with 100 things. Some of them I've done already and I've made those bold. What do you want to do? Share your list with me too!

100 Thing I Want to do Before I die

1.Build a Home – and make it the house of my dreams
2.TRULY become an organized person
3.Complete a Triathlon
4.Visit Ireland
5.Go fishing in Alaska - We are going Next August. It's already booked!
6.Record on a CD – Doing that on Sept 8 and 15th with Jenny Phillips
7.Be a grandparent
8.See all of my kids marry
9.Own a very nice camera and become a photographer
10.Be a make up artist
11.Attend a couple of musicals on Broadway
12.Be in a musical on Broadway
13.Go back to school and get a nursing degree
14.Be PTA president – I know crazy!
15.Eat a baguette and cheese under the Eiffel Tower
16.Open a pre-school
17.Learn to REALLY garden
18.Win the lottery
19.Own a colonial style house on the beach
20.Go to my high school 20th reunion (only 3 more years!)
21.Get a tummy tuck/Boob Job
22.Learn how to sew well enough to actually make the dress I see in my mind...does that make sense?
23.Own a BWM convertible
24.Open a little cafe where high school kids can come and hang out, do their homework, stay out of trouble and surf the internet in a safe environment.
25.Write a book...I know exactly what I want to write about. Now I just have to go about getting it started.
26.Visit the Smithsonian
27.Go skinny dipping with my husband in the ocean
28.Write my entire life story – sparing no details. Maybe I'll work on that in a couple of weeks when I get surgery on both feet!
29.Be on a jury for a high profile case
30.Spend the night in a haunted house
31.Go River Rafting
32.Own a kayak and use it!
33.Scream in a library
34.Go to Africa and help out an orphanage
35.Adopt a Child
36.Find my life's passion
37.Learn to ski again
38.Own a Jet Ski
39.Learn to play the guitar
40.Work on my family history
41.Ride in a hot air balloon
42.Ride in a helicopter
43.Go bungee jumping
44.Backpack in Yellowstone
45.Ride the all of the world's best roller coasters
46.Take a train ride though Europe
47.Go on a safari
48.Go see the Olympics
49.Change a life
50.Get re-married in Vegas by Elvis
51.Get a house boat on Lake Powell
52.Go to a protest
53.Meet in person some of the people I've met through blogs and the internet
54.Have a facebook reunion with all of my facebook friends
55.Have enough money to feel truly satisfied
56.Get Lasik surgery
57.Be on the Amazing Race with my husband
58.Be a contestant on Survivor - at least make the jury
59.Walk on the Great Wall of China
60.Live abroad
61.Attend Martis Gras
62.Volunteer for the Special Olympics
63.Be remembered for good things
64.Learn Spanish
65.Start a book club
66.Own a cabin on a lake
67.Go Geocaching
68.Visit Ground Zero
69.Visit the birthplaces of my ancestors
70.Own a moped
71.Go horse back riding
72.Learn balloon tying
73.Visit my grandparents' graves
74.Move out of Utah
75.Re-upholster a piece of furniture
76.Get my hair cut by a stylist for the stars
77.See the Statue of Liberty
78.Vacation in a hut over the sea
79.Visit Martin's Cove – Then I will have seen all of the Churh history spots
80.Have an in ground pool in our backyard
81.Create my own perfume
82.Drive down the entire west coast in a convertible wearing big sunglasses and a scarf on my head
83.Perform a concert
84.Create a singing group
85.Visit the Louvre
86.Be the ultimate sports fan for a day – face painted and everything
87.Sing the National Anthem at a Jazz game
88.Lose weight and get in shape
89.When I reach my goal weight go on a shopping spree with a personal stylist
90.Learn how to watercolor
91.Fly on a sea plane
92.Visit Victoria Falls in Africa
93.Scuba dive in the Great Barrier Reef
94.Learn how to dance contemporary style
95.Leave a $100 tip for amazing service at a restaurant
96.Teach my kids to be self sufficient
97.Teach my kids to love others and to serve others
98.Start and run a charity for victims of crimes
99.See the good in EVERYTHING and EVERYONE
100. Help in the discovery of what causes Hirschsprung's Disease – the very rare disease that BOTH of my boys have.

Ok...I've got a lot of work to do since I've only completed one of them!
What do you want to do?

2 comments:

Jocelyn Christensen said...

I think I need a list too! Put that on my list of 100 things to do before I die...write a list.

HD Mom said...

You can achieve #100 by easily participating in the Johns Hopkins Hirschsprung's Disease Study:
http://chakravarti.igm.jhmi.edu/pro_site/AravindaChakravartiLab/Getting_Involved.html

You simply have your own medical professional draw blood samples into the test tubes they'll send you, and overnight them back at the lab's expense. Read all info on the website under Getting Involved.

This is in the Top 5 on my list!
ODolls4HD@yahoo.com

Post a Comment