Thursday, September 16, 2010

Life Long Dream Comes True



Do you remember my list of 100 things to do before I die? Well I can cross off another item. It had ALWAYS been a dream of mine to record a song on a CD. I used to sing in my bedroom pretending to be singing into a microphone. You know...hand on one ear and everything. Don't ever think that dreams can't come true. Last week I was able to record in the choir for a CD. It was an amazing experience. But I still wanted to know what it was like to record a solo and have it on a CD. My dream cam true last night. I do have to say that it was a bitter, sweet experience. It wasn't originally supposed to happen this way. I was singing back up. And my friend was singing the lead. I'll just say that the Lord works in mysterious ways and I ended up singing the lead and she sang back up. We both shed some tears but we know that it was just meant to be that way. The CD comes out in November and I'll do a give a way. It's a CD of Sacrament songs and it truly is going to be an amazing CD. I also recorded in the choir for one of the songs.
It's a surreal feeling that I've actually accomplished something MAJOR in my life. I NEVER in a million years thought that this whole experience would be possible. But I know that Heavenly Father leads us to where we need to be in our lives if we will listen and obey Him. This last year has been an amazing growing period for me. I am truly honored to be able to participate in something so amazing. Thank you Jenny Phillips for giving me a chance!

0 comments:

Post a Comment