Saturday, October 2, 2010

The Melting Pot Prize

 Dan and Jenny Phillips
My husband and I

Last night my husband and I went to The Melting Pot with Dan and Jenny Phillips.  It was my prize for winning a blogging competition.  We had such a great time.  It was more like a double date.  We laughed and talked the whole evening.  Jenny had a third party judge the competition and the woman who picked the winner didn't even know that Jenny and I were friends.  The food was amazing!  I had only been to The Melting Pot once before about 9 years ago and that was for dessert.  We started the night with swiss cheese fondue.  Then we enjoyed the main course complete with lobster, shrimp, chicken, beef, tuna and pork.  We chose the Flaming Turtle chocolate fondue for dessert.  Every bite was delicious.  We were there about 2 1/2 enjoying our dinner.  My husband and I agreed that that is the way to eat with friends.  We loved not feeling rushed.  We were able to talk and eat for hours.  Is there anything better?  

3 comments:

Lesia said...

Way cool. So when is our date night?

Jocelyn Christensen said...

That's neat! Congrats!

Kayleigh said...

I've never been, but have wanted to go. This doesn't help that want! :P

But the picture of you and Steve is cute!

Post a Comment