Friday, December 31, 2010

5 on Friday - One last post for the year

I am excited that this will be my last post for 2010.  I am excited to create my blog book for 2010.  I used to love to scrapbook but I just don't have the time or creative juices for it anymore so I create a book each year from my blog posts.  It's really fun to look back and see what we've been up to.  So here's my last post for 2010.

Top 5

1.  Christmas was great this year.  We had some hiccups through the holiday but overall it was GREAT. 

2.  My hubby and I went and saw "True Grit" last night.  It was a really great movie with REALLY great acting.  Then we went and ate dinner at Red Robin.  

3.  I hate to do this but since this is kind of my journal/personal blog too I need to write a vague post.  We found out some really exciting news that is going to change our lives.  I'm sorry I can't post more yet.  No, we are not having a baby.  I do promise to post about it when everything is final.

4.  It snowed this week, a lot!  I really do love to see everything covered in white.  It's so peaceful.  My boys went and played in it and it was so fun to see them have so much fun.  And our neighbor was nice enough to bring over his snow blower to help us dig out from the 13 inches we got.

5.  Target has amazing customer service.  We bought a Christmas tree yesterday for 50% off.  Then last night I noticed that another Target store had their Christmas items 75% off.  So I called our local store and asked if they would honor that.  Usually they don't but the store manager told me that he would do that for me.  It's going to save us $50!  Thank you Target!

Bottom 5

1.  Because of the snow storm we decided that we would just put out our overflowing garbage can the morning of pick up.  They always come later in the day so we thought it wouldn't be a problem.  We were wrong.  They came at 7 that morning and we missed them.  GREAT.  When I looked down our street I felt better knowing that only 2 or 3 people actually put theirs out so we weren't alone.  But now what do we do all week long?

2.  I had to take my 4 year old to urgent care on Sunday.  It cost us a whopping $75!  Can you believe that?  But he was so sick I couldn't wait.  He ended up having 2 ear infections.  

3.  Now my other 2 kids are sick too.  At least this is during Christmas break.

4.  One of the presents I bought my husband doesn't fit.  We returned it and have tried twice now to find something for him but we haven't had any luck.  

5.  I'm at a loss...this was a pretty great week!

Happy 2011 everyone! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment