Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Chili - Tastes Like Wendy's

Are you a Wendy's chili fan? I have to admit I really am. I tried a new freezer chili recipe for dinner tonight and was so happy with the way it tasted. It really is close to Wendy's chili. Want the recipe? Tonight I doubled the recipe so we had one meal to eat tonight and I froze the rest for a meal next week.

Chili - 8 Servings

2 pounds ground beef
1 C chopped onion
1 C chopped green bell pepper
1 C chopped celery
1 t minced garlic
1 T Worcestershire sauce
1 T chili powder
1 (15 oz) can pinto beans
1 (15 oz) can small red beans (I just used regular old kidney beans)
1 (15 oz) can pork n beans
2 T sugar
2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes
1 (15 oz) tomato sauce
1 t salt
1/2 t pepper

Brown ground beef with onion. Add bell pepper, celery, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and chili powder. Stir in undrained beans, sugar, tomatoes, tomato sauce, salt and pepper. Heat to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 hours. Allow to cool. Place in freezer bag or container. Label and freeze.

To serve: Thaw. Heat until hot and bubbly.

YUM!

0 comments:

Post a Comment