Friday, July 22, 2011

5 on Friday

If you are reading this post it's because I'm not in jail...all kids are safe and accounted for!  It's just been one of "those" days!


How was your week?  I hope it was better than mine!


Top 5


1.  The hubs and I went and saw the movie "17 Miracles" tonight.  I don't care if you are Mormon or not, this movie is amazing!  It's just proof that God still performs miracles today!  I loved it.  If it's not playing in a theater near you wait to order it on DVD.  The acting is amazing and so is the cinematography.  It doesn't disappoint.  Just bring the tissues!  


2.  I have a bestie named Audrey!  She kidnapped me last night.  We went to Anastasia's Attic at Gardner Village.  That store is amazing!  It's filled with magic!  I'm not kidding.  I bought myself a little angel statue for my meditation room (if I ever get that finished!).  She also took me out to dinner! We went to our usual place!  We laughed and cried!  I love that girl so much!  We even ran into Mike, a family friend!  


3.  I posted something on facebook about my son being an overachiever.  Somehow tiaras got brought up and I mentioned that I didn't own one.  We joked that it should have brown gems because I'm the queen of "crap" (literally and if you don't know what I'm talking about go read back a few posts about the colostomy bag).  Somehow Audrey bought a tiara last night and I had no idea about it.  She gave it to me at dinner!  I now am official!   
Queen of Crap!  I couldn't be any prouder!

4.  On the news the other night there was a story about how going to church on a regular basis makes you fat!  Oh so now I get it!  It's not the food making me plump, it's church!  

5.  I had the most amazing time at Youth Conference and can't wait to blog about it.  I'm still smiling!

Bottom 5...WARNING it's been one of "those" weeks

1.  My husband was laid off.  Yes, you read that right.  Thanks Obama!  Just kidding.  I need someone to blame!  I'd love to spill my guts about how I really feel about this but I can't.  Oh but I so wish I could!  I'll just say this...I'm really finding it hard to not be angry and forgiving.  My husband was a hard worker who did nothing but build his team up and he didn't deserve this at all.  

2.  We won't get his final check for up to 21 days!  Are you kidding me?  What in the world?  Again, trying not to angry.  

3.  On Saturday when I got home from Youth Conference I was so excited to see my family that I didn't get my luggage out.  I just ran in the house to say hi!  And then because my friend was borrowing my van that night I had to wash the van.  Oh I can't wait to post about the mud!  In my haste to clean out the car I totally forgot about my suitcase.  She came and got the van and said she'd be home late, no biggie, right?  It wasn't until I was ready to go to bed. I realized I left my CPAP machine and all my meds in the car too!  I didn't go to bed that night until 2am and then I got up at 7 to get ready for church!  Oops!

4.  I saw that you can now buy tampons and panti liners in gift boxes.  How depressing is this?  Who seriously wants these as a present?  I'd love a gift that would magically stop my period!  I'd put THAT on my Christmas list.  I think they just want us to buy these for White Elephant exchanges!  Time to throw a party!  Oh and do you see that after you've used these you can then store your stuff in style?  Marketing...you have FAILED!

5.  The hubs washed a rag that has gasoline on it.  I'm happy to report that our house didn't catch on fire.  However, our washer now smells like a gas station as do our clothes.  I'm sure Jenny Phillips will find this very funny when I show up tomorrow to help her with her music workshop smelling like gas.  

I'm ready to just run into a corner and start sucking my thumb at this point!  

Have a good one!

2 comments:

Pitterle Postings said...

Oh, I am so sorry that you have had such a bad week. I hope that you keep a positive attitude and that your husband finds a new job soon.

Tauni said...

I am so sorry about your husband. Oh how I understand the situation you are in and all I can say is the Lord is there and loves you. It won't be easy but you will see more blessings fall upon you and your family than you ever have in your life before as you turn to the Lord!

Oh and Audrey is the best...love that girl!!!

Post a Comment