Friday, August 26, 2011

5 on Friday

You know those times in your life where you just can't seem to catch a break?  I'm in one of those.  I'm ready for some good news!  But despite all that there have been some good things to happen this week!


Top 5 or more...

1.  I got a full body massage on Tuesday.  It was amazing.  I've never had one before.  I still relax every time I think about it.  My 5 year old asked how the spa was.  I told him it was great!  He wanted to know all about my "bassage" and he even asked me if they put cucumbers on my eyes.  Cute little stink!


2. I finally made artichokes last night.  My 5 year old loved them and so did I.  No one else did.  So they gave me theirs.  I will have to make those again very soon!


3.  I really love my friends!  They have been so supportive as I work some things out in my life.  Auds leaves me quotes on facebook.  Here's my favorite one..."Don't surround yourself with people who will fill you with doubt and discouragement. Find people who build up, people who can stand in faith with you!" - Joel Osteen.  Good advice for anyone.


4.  My 2 oldest started school!  Hooray.  I finally feel like I can get back into a routine.  I like how quiet it is around here.  Only 2 more years and then all the kids are in school full-time.  Ahhh...I can't wait.  

5.  On Sunday the stake and ward boundaries were totally shuffled around.  I sat there at the meeting so nervous because I love my calling as YW president and I did NOT want that to come to an end.  I breathed a sigh of relief as they dissolved a ward and put half with us and the other half with another ward.  Hooray!  I know that many tears were shed but I was so happy!  I think we have enough girls now to actually split them in classes instead of meeting all together!  I do feel like changes are coming though.  We need to incorporate the new members into callings. 


6.  I have an amazing aunt named Shirleen.  She and I email almost every day.  I love that she listens to me and loves me!  Thank you for loving me and caring!

7.  I finally got the garage cleaned out so I can park in the garage.  It's so hot here and I'm so happy not to have to get into a stifling hot car! 




Bottom 5 or less...


1.  I had to take my 12 year old into the ER on Tues.  She had a staph infection on her leg.  She ended up on IV antibiotics so we had to go back 3 times and wait in the ER.  She is so much better now!  She was able to go back to school today.  It was cute though to hear her and my 5 year old compare IV stories.


2.  I totally over cooked the Halibut last night.  Lesson learned.  Don't walk away while cooking fish.  Oops!

3.  My 5 year old woke up with "bag" issues.  Trust me, you do NOT want to know.  I stripped his bed, washed them on HEAVY DUTY and now he's ready to sleep in a clean bed again.  


4.  At the beginning of summer I bought some beautiful plants for my porch.  I took such good care of them.  I watered them daily and picked off the dead blooms.  I was so happy to look at them.  Yea, their dead now and still sitting on my porch.  My green thumbs hate me right now.  


5.  We had a runaway this week at our house.  It took me hours to search.  I was NOT happy.  My motivation got up and ran a way.  Can you believe the nerve?  I was appalled that the police didn't do anything about it either.  I thought they were here to SERVE and protect!  I'm thinking of making flyers to take to local businesses.  I need all the help I can get trying to track her down.  So if you see her will you please bring her back?  My house will thank you.



Have a good one!


  



 

0 comments:

Post a Comment