Friday, May 29, 2009

A True Friend...


I have an amazing book that I use in conjunction with my scripture study. I found the coolest quote about being a true friend. In 2 Nephi 1:30 Lehi gives Zoram a compliment about being a friend.

A true friend is...
a true friend would...
a true friend would not...

Marvin J Ashton said, "Someone has said, 'A friend is a person who is willing to take me the way I am.' Accepting this as one definition of the word, may I quickly suggest that we are something less than a real friend if we leave a person the same way we find him...Acts of a friend should result in self-improvement, better attitudes, self-reliance, comfort, consolation, self-respect, and better welfare. Certainly the word friend is misused if it is identified with a person who contributes to our delinquency, misery, and heartaches...It takes courage to be a real friend."

Thank you to my real friends. I love you so much. I have been blessed throughout my life with amazing friends. I have friends that I've known since I was 4. They are people I will NEVER forget. They made me a better person.

I thought that as I grew to be an adult all adults were good friends. Not so!! It's sad. But I won't dwell on them. Sure it's been a rough couple of years but it's been amazing to find out who my true friends are. Thank you for accepting me, lifiting me up, not gossiping or being nosey! Thank you for improving me. I love you all so much!

I love my family. I LOVE my parents and am so happy that I've grown so close to them. I LOVE my brother and sisters. They have been such amazing examples to me and have never stopped loving me despite some poor choices on my account.

Ok...I need to wipe the tears away. I just really wanted to say thank you!!

With this move next weekend comes change. Welcomed change. I am going to miss my true friends out here in Tooele. I've met the most amazing people out here. You've truly blessed my life. My ward is amazing. They've supported me and loved me for who I am. I am sad to leave them behind!! But West Jordan isn't too far away! I'd love some visits!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment