Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Don't Mess With Mama Bear

I never realized that I have THIS in me!! That's right. I'm a bear and WILL protect my kids at ALL costs!! Today we went to a school for free lunch. As we walked out onto the playground I saw what every mother does NOT want to see...I saw two boys who had knocked fries out of my daughter's hands picking them up and throwing them on her. I was LIVID. I yelled at them to stop and they didn't. I asked them where their mom was and they were there all alone. I lost it. That's honesly an understatement. Let's just say I made an impression and made him cry. He deserved it. I made sure I saved MY tears until I got home and wasn't around anyone. It ended up to be a good day though. Addison and I planted tomatoes. Oh boy, did we plant tomatoes. We have over 30 tomato plants!! Oh yea baby! She has her own garden area and is so proud of it. I let her know that I'm ALWAYS here for her. Being bullied is so hard! I had it happen to me and, although I don't let it bother me anymore, I sure did back then. I never told anyone. It was a terrible burden to carry. So I'm not going to let that happen to Addison or any of my kids. I hate how mean kids can be. Oh I so want to go "off' right now but I won't. It's over and I think Addison and I grew closer today. I love my kids!!

4 comments:

Erin said...

I would have reacted the same. No one messes with my cubs!

Alynda said...

I would have done the same thing! Can we use this picture for the next family photo. Love the teeth!

Aubrey Garff said...

Good for you Tami! I love you. Sometimes I wish someone would do that for me now! Addison will never forget that you stood up for her like that.

Tiffany said...

You did the right thing... If more parents would stand up to kids like that the bullies may think twice before doing it to another child.... Your right I think it really did make a differance in your and Addisons relationship. Plus Ian was so proud of you i think he showed him to that you are one tough mom and will protect them no matter what!! Way to GO TAMI!!

Post a Comment