Wednesday, June 17, 2009

It's OK...

Carter has been in the hospital since Sunday, June 14th. He had his surgery on Monday and I thought that we'd be home by Thursday. UMMMM....I was WAY off. I hope we'll be home by Saturday. He still has his NG tube in and it won't come out until his stomach produces much less. He still isn't able to eat or drink anything. He's sleeping right now so I thought I'd post something quickly. It hasn't been too bad though. Well...we did try and go to the play room for BINGO this morning. They broadcast BINGO throughout the hospital so the kids can play even if they are in their bed. We had to leave because Carter was crying for something to drink. It was embarassing. I'm going to take him back down after he wakes up from his nap. I gave him a sponge bath this morning and I am hoping that after that and a good nap he'll feel a little better. I did go grab some lunch and attempted to eat it outside but it started pooring. Oh well. Good times!!

Oh! I have to mention something about the fireside that I sang in on Sunday night. I didn't think that I'd be able to perform because I'm brand new to the group but I was! And I was put front and center! I was a little nervous but I had a prayer in my heart the whole time that I'd remember my notes and the words. It was amazing! I truly feel so blessed that I am a part of this choir. It is a special fireside and there was something I heard that night that changed my life. I can't wait to share it with you. I don't have time now but I will share it! Google "Bodil Mortensen" for a sneak peak.

1 comments:

Aubrey Garff said...

I was going to call you last night but with the hour time difference it would have been too late. I love you guys and we are praying for Carter. Tell him Aubrey says "hi!"
Congrats on the singing. I want so much to come and see you perform!

Post a Comment