Saturday, January 16, 2010

24 Down 50 To Go






Today was day 1 of baking bread for the relief efforts in Haiti. It started out really slow because I only had one mixer. I had a neighbor let me borrow hers and then it went much faster. It was so much fun to see everybody who came to pick up their loaves. Some of those I haven't seen in years! It was fun to visit and catch up a bit. I still have 50 more loaves to make. That's right I had orders for 74 loaves of bread! It really has been an amazing thing. My sister and I have had so much fun with this project. My mom and sister made bread up in Idaho today too. We both sold over 100 loaves and made over $500 for Haitians. All day long I was worried that people would show up and I wouldn't have any loaves ready. I said a little prayer that it wouldn't happen and it didn't! I always had bread to pick up. I am definitely ready for bed tonight though!

3 comments:

Shafferprincess said...

You're amazing, Tami! :) Way to go.

Jocelyn Christensen said...

This is awesome and you are too CUTE!

Also, you have inspired me to do something like this in my little corner of the world.

Stay tuned... :)

Karina said...

Great thing you're doing! I wish I could've been there to help you. By the way...love the apron!

Post a Comment