Monday, March 22, 2010

Perspective

I took our 3 year old to see the surgeon again this morning. I used to feel pretty sorry for myself that we had to "deal" with the complications from Hirschsprung's Disease. He's had 3 major surgeries in the last year, botox injections and now he needs a sphincterotomy. He's 3 1/2 and still in pull-ups. Actually I should just put him back in diapers because they are soooo much cheaper. The list of negatives goes on and on, believe me.

I'm not focusing on that. I'm not going to lie and say that it's not frustrating because it is. I'd love to have him potty trained but that's just not possible right now.

I have changed my perspective on our situation. I passed a bathroom today that had a sign saying that there was an adult size changing table available. It made me really stop and think. Do I really have it THAT bad? No, I do not. My situation could be worse and so could yours.

So the next time you are feeling down, hopeless and stressed take a GOOD look around you. You will not be the same if you do. We all have our struggles and today I was grateful that my struggles are small in comparison to others. I have an otherwise healthy boy. I can play with him, laugh with him, snuggle with him and have the cutest conversations with him. I am a lucky mom!

1 comments:

Karina said...

You are so right! I really needed this today. Thank you. :)

Post a Comment