Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Tour With Jenny Phillips Day 1

I had the amazing opportunity to travel to Vermont and New York with Jenny Phillips. She is an LDS recording artist/song writer for Deseret Book. I sing with her in her choir. I had blogged earlier about my conversion story and how badly I wanted to go on this tour. I made it and now I get to blog about it! We left on Wed. July 7th at 11:55 pm. I had never taken a red eye before and won't ever take one again if I don't have to. I didn't get much sleep at all. I think I managed to sleep an hour on the plane. We landed at JFK and had a couple hours layover. I was so exhausted that I laid down on the nasty floor and tried to sleep. We then caught a flight to Vermont and visited the birthplace of Joseph Smith (the founder of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints). I'm going to break up my posts because I have so much to blog about.

This Snooze Kit was on our seats. I thought it was hilarious that it said that we would arrive "bright eyed and busy tailed." We did NOT arrive that way!


Could there have been a more beautiful sight getting off the plane? A Sephora vending machine? I think NOT!

3 comments:

Jocelyn Christensen said...

ooh a Sephora vending machine...point me in that direction! :)

Sam said...

Okay, don't hit me, but what's Sephora?

Lesia said...

Other than the plane ride I hope your trip was fabulous at least.

Post a Comment