Friday, August 20, 2010

A Week Without Blogging??

I can't believe it's been a week since I've blogged. I have a good excuse...We went to Yellowstone on a family vacation!! Oh my goodness...it was so much fun. I'll blog about that later. It's time for my 5 on Friday!

Top 5 of the week

1. Yellowstone! I had never been and so my husband and I decided to take our kids there. I can't wait to blog about it.

2. No problems with our car. I ALWAYS worry about our car breaking down. I'm not sure why but I do. I shouldn't...we have a nice car.

3. My 9 year old was playing with the middle seat belt and got his hands twisted so tightly he couldn't get them out. It was hilarious! I bet if I ask him that would be in his bottom 5. But not for me. It was so funny.

4. Did you know that there is a coveted swimming hole in Yellowstone? Neither does anyone else! But we do! It was so much fun!

5. Our cabin was so much fun. It was so much better than staying in a hotel!

Bottom 5

1. Food prices in West Yellowstone and in the park. We made the HUGE mistake of waiting to go grocery shopping in West Yellowstone. Lesson learned...next time go shopping locally first and then get eggs, milk and other perishables up there. Oh yea, and pack a picnic lunch EVERY day. We ended up spending a whopping $50 on hamburgers one day for lunch.

2. I didn't see any bears. Because we went in August and it's so hot the bears are in the higher parts of the park. Oh well, next time!

3. We discovered the hard way that metal water bottles will break when you put them in the freezer. We lost two that way. So don't freeze your metal water bottles.

4. Spending another $9.00 replacing my 4 year old's brand new Yellowstone metal water bottle. And finding out when I got to the check out counter that if I wouldn't have thrown it away they would've replaced it. Oh yea...we had to drive all the way back to Old Faithful to get another one. Don't EVER freeze a metal water bottle!

5. I'm sorry but I never got used to the sulfer/acidic smell of Yellowstone. At one of the stops I almost barfed. YUCK!

2 comments:

Jen S said...

Hi there!! I got the book, read it, listened to the music and LOVED it all!!! Thanks again!!!

Lesia said...

Never knew that about the metal water bottle. I will make a note of that thanks. How funny about the seat belt but I bet he didn't think it was too funny.. Glad you made it home safe and sound.

Post a Comment