Saturday, October 23, 2010

Six on Saturday? You Betcha!

So I keep spacing the whole Five on Friday thing. I need to catch up so today you get an extra bonus!

Top 6 for the week:

1. Last Saturday I went to a Woman's Conference. I went with one of the cutest friends I have, Audrey. I learned so much about myself. I learned that I am horrible to myself. Why is that on my top list for the week then? Because I changed my thinking this week and it made a HUGE difference in the way I feel about things. One of the biggest things I came away with was that we should feel peace at all times and if we don't then there's been a breach. I "heart" that.

2. Guess what I'm NOT wearing? Here's your clues...they are UGLY, uncomfortable, have Velcro, are blue and are so NOT a fashion statement. That's right folks, I stopped wearing my post op surgery shoes. The doctor said that I could try regular shoes for 15 minutes a day. Yea right, I was determined to stop wearing those butt ugly shoes and move into less ugly shoes. I have to wear these hard, plastic orthotics so my shoes are severely limited but that's ok. I just need to go shopping now for something other than heels. I'm now wearing the less ugly shoes all the time!

3. Remember the fire that we had at our house a couple of weeks ago? Well we had taken our son to Desert Star Theater for his birthday and had to leave early because of it. Well they called me and offered us new tickets. So I took him and a friend to see it again. We made it through the whole thing this time! They play was really funny!

4. It's stormy today. I LOVE rainy days. It reminds me of California. I always loved the storms we had that lasted days and days.

5. We had book club this week. We had read "Eat, Pray, Love." I absolutely loved the book. My friend Sam hosted it and she arranged for us to go to a meditation class after dinner. The teacher was amazing and I had a great time. I learned so much and I really want to implement meditation more into my life.

6. Girls' Night Out was last night. We met at a friend's house to watch scary movies. We had several options and so it was left to me to pick. I picked "Dial M for Murder." I got it confused with "Sorry, Wrong Number." The movie was OK. It definitely wasn't scary. But we did have a good time laughing at the movie.

7. I'm sorry but this week had more highs than lows so I have to add another one. I'll blog more about this later and I'll post pictures. The people living in our house previously left behind a sofa table. It's been sitting in our garage for the last year. I've had every intention of re-finishing it but hadn't until yesterday! It's so beautiful now. And it adds some elegance to our family room.


Bottom for the week:

1. I totally spaced my son's doctor's appt and it cost me $30. DANG IT. I was NOT happy with myself.

2. We got into a fender bender. I went to go pick up my Bountiful Basket last week and some guy wasn't paying attention and totally backed into me. I'm still waiting for his insurance to contact me. Want to know something crazy? The dent totally worked it's way out of the bumper.

3. I had to re-wash a load of clothes THREE times. I kept forgetting then re-starting it. I finally started it for the FINAL time this morning. I asked my husband to switch the laundry while I was gone today because I knew I'd forget AGAIN. He did.

4. My poor house has been neglected for the last 5 1/2 weeks while I've been recovering from my surgery. My feet still hurt by the end of the day if I do too much. So I can't do as much as I'd like. But it will get there. I just need to have some more patience.

5. My husband was ornery this week! Oh boy was he ever! It's been a VERY tough week at work and I think the stress finally got to him. He's happy today though! Yay!

6. I posted this post on the wrong blog. Oops!

Overall it was a pretty darn good week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment