Saturday, January 15, 2011

5 on Friday

Another week bites the dust! Here's the best and the worst!

Top 5

1. I officially started Weight Watchers online. I'm very impressed with their new points system. I know there are people out there that think "why mess with something that isn't broken?" I've used the old points system and I think this is really a lot better! Fruits and most veggies are 0 points. And because of that I really have been eating better!

2. I re-upholstered a chair I bought at a thrift store and my piano bench. I will post pictures soon. What's even better is that I got upholstery fabric that was originally $32 a yard for $3 a yard! I LOVE me a good deal!

3. My 10 year old finished his work and was able to go on the skiing trip this week. For $25 he got to go to Park City and get a skiing lesson! Not to shabby.

4. I taught my daughter how to do her own laundry!

Bottom 5

1. My foot is still not better, at all! I'm beyond frustrated. So I went back to see my doctor and he said that it could be my back making my foot hurt. Umm...NO WAY. It hurts where he cut the ligaments. So he gave me ANOTHER steroid injection in my heel. About 20 minutes later I started having a very severe allergic reaction. I ended up at the ER and I found out that I'm not allergic to the steroid, it's the preservatives in injections that I'm allergic too. NICE. They also told me that the next time I have a reaction it will come on faster and stronger. Umm...my throat swelled up this time it scares me to think of a next time.

2. My 4 year old had to go potty so badly that he went in his toy bin in his room. At least there were only a couple of things in there that I threw away. YUCK. So after soaking the bin with bleach water he's ready to go again...just in the toilet next time.

3. GIRL DRAMA. Need I say more? Having a daughter who'll be 12 in a couple of weeks is very interesting, especially when it comes to her friends.

4. I filled up my car with gas the other day. I decided to buy a car wash too. I grabbed my code and drove to the washer. I sat in that thing forever and it wouldn't start. I drove out, went into the store and the clerk ran out and re-set the brushes. I got my car washed and then drove to the store. When I was loading my bags in the back I totally noticed that only half the car was clean. The brushed totally and completely missed the other half. How embarrassing! Do you think they will give me half of my money back?

5. I'm posting this on Saturday. Does that surprise anybody? I was interrupted SEVERAL times yesterday while starting this post. Oh the "joys" of parenting.

I hope you all had a GREAT week!

1 comments:

Jocelyn Christensen said...

Sounds like you came out on top! :)

Post a Comment