Laughter is good for the soul. Look at this lady. Does she not make you smile? I love laughing like that. I love being around people who make me laugh like that.
Did you know that research has shown that not only does laughter boost your mood but it can even make you look younger?
Did you know that there are even laughter yoga classes? Yea, I didn't know that either.
You don't need a sense of humor to laugh, heck you don't even have to be happy to laugh! I was downright depressed when I set out to write this post. But my mood has lifted ten fold. I feel good now.
Here are 10 reasons you should laugh more often...
- Laughter is one of the easiest and cheapest ways to relax your body.
- There is no right nor wrong way to laugh, anyone can do it. No skill required
- Laugh to reduce your stress and tension. Laughter really is a release.
- Laugh to feel young again. Yes, they say laughter is anti-aging.
- Laugh to strengthen your immune system. Yep, its been proven.Your immune system is boosted for at least 12 hours after watching a funny movie.
- Laugh to let it go and move on. Literally laugh it off, you’ll feel better.
- Laugh to invite play and joy into your life. Kids laugh 300 times a day. How about you?
- Laugh to reduce depression. When you laugh your body releases endorphins so you actually start to feel better. Fake laughter works equally as well says Dr. Kataria.
- Laugh because life is too precious to be filled with excess seriousness
- A good belly laugh is great exercise – go figure. It works both the stomach and face muscles.