Here are the top 5 things that happened this week...
1. The hubs and I went out tonight. We saw "Arthur" and then went out for Indian food again. I didn't moan quite as much through dinner this time! After the movie I started crying. I'm NOT a crier! So it's a big deal if I do cry. I have just felt so overwhelmed with some things happening in my life. You are probably thinking to yourself why this is on the top 5 list! Well, when we came home I walked into the family room and saw a GORGEOUS bouquet of flowers. I was confused at first because I had been with the hubs all night long. I opened the card and started bawling! I could hardly read the card the tears were so thick. They were from my BFF, Audrey! She knew that I was having a hard week and brought me flowers. I can't even express how much this meant to me. She is my angel here on Earth. I'm not even kidding.
2. I received my favorite things package this week. Every time I use something Leah gave me I think of her. Thanks again Leah! I seriously LOVE everything. She was so generous!
3. I got to see my Mom, Dad and sister all in one week! I know I've said it before but it's so hard not to have family here in Utah. I feel lonely so often because it just seems like everyone here in Utah has family around. So it was really fun to see all of them this week. I also got to see my cute nephew. He loves his Aunt Tami!
4. My daughter and I decided that this whole homeschooling thing is great but that she needs to be back at a regular school. So today we went and registered her for Jr. High! What the? Jr. High? Am I really that old? Yes, sure enough I am. But since everyone still thinks I'm only about 26 I don't mind! I love the looks on their faces when I tell them that I'm closer to 40 than I am 30! I'm excited for her. She will have so much fun!
5. I went to a Youth Conference kick off! I'm the YW president in our ward and I'm so excited for Youth Conference in July. We are going to a ranch about 2 hours away. There will be horseback riding, hiking, swimming, canoeing, and tons of other fun things to do there. I even get to teach one of the classes!
OK...here are the bottom (crappy) 5 for the week.
1. Seriously Mother Nature! Have I done something to make you mad? I'll do anything to make it up to you! Just stop this snow and I'll do it! I'm ready for the warm, sunny days! I want to play!
2. It's just been a downer week for me. I think we all feel like this from time to time. I posted pictures on my private blog because sometimes a picture says it all. Here are just a few of them...
Have you ever been happy for someone yet sad for yourself at the same time?
House work and laundry...please make it stop! I'm overwhelmed.
But I really WANT to cry!
I procrastinated big time on something and just felt like a big piece of poop because of it.
3. The company the hubs works for just got bought by a different company. I really hate it when this happens. We've had to switch insurance companies and pay days. Well if that doesn't throw a wrench in your plans! I need to get a prescription filled tomorrow but we don't have any info. GREAT! I've also been going to physical therapy all week on a "self paying" status. We were also told that his vacation would be paid out but it didn't! Oh man, this is NOT good.
4. I honestly wish swearing in public was illegal. I took the kids out for lunch today and two guys sat down right next to our table. They swore through the whole meal. This morning I went to pump gas and after I went inside to grab a drink. There was an old man on his phone totally dropping the "f" bomb! I hate it. Where are these people's manners? I have to admit that it was especially weird to hear an OLD man swearing like that. Yea, gramps, you're cool! NOT.
5. I finished my book. That's not the bad part! I LOVED the book (The Forgotten Garden). But now I'm stumped! What do I read now? I have so many to choose from. I HATE making decisions. So, any suggestions? I really hate choosing.
I hope you all had more ups than downs this week!