Friday, May 20, 2011

5 on Friday

Isn't this quote so true?  Sometimes the good is just a hot shower and sometimes it's a lot more than that!  Here's to another week come and gone!

Top 5 for the week...

1.  I LOVE getting things for free!  I also LOVE to take surveys.  There is a book store in Utah called Deseret Book.  They are huge here!  I took a very long survey for them and got rewarded with a book, CD and DVD.  I can't wait for them to arrive.  I'm pretty excited about it.  The free choices were actually really, really great!

2.  Last Friday I went downtown Salt Lake to Temple Square.  I went to watch a performance that my dear, dear friend Tiffany was in.  Have you ever had a friend that you've lost touch with and then when you reunite it's like time has never passed?  She's the kind of friend like that.  We both cried as we hugged so tightly.  We promised each other that we would NEVER let that happen again.  I missed her so much.  She truly is the best friend I have.  And friends like this don't come around often.  I'm holding on to her this time!  

3.  I've received some pretty cool products to try from Buzz Agent.  I'm looking forward to getting my expensive pen!  I love FREE things!  And I LOVE posting my opinion about them so stay tuned.

4.  I got to play the piano today for a sister missionary at zone conference.  It was so much fun to see all of those missionaries.  I love having sister missionaries in our area!

5.  The hubs and I are going to see the new Pirate movie tonight.  I am so excited!  I'm just hoping that it is better than the last one.  I didn't like that one so much.  

Bottom 5...

1.  Comcast cable company blows!  They've messed up the last two payments I've made.  And because of their mistake our cable got shut off and I missed the season finale of The Mentalist!  It's back up and running right now but still!!  

2.  My sister had 2 of her 3 kids in the hospital this last week.  It was really scary!  It was pure agony to be so far away from them.  I wanted to help her out so badly.  But she has GREAT people around her helping her.  I'm so happy that they are home now.  

3.  My 4 year old's ear drum burst in the middle of the night.  He was fine that afternoon and when he came into our bed at midnight his ear and hair were wet!  I took him to the doctor yesterday and they put him on antibiotics.  Poor thing!  

4.  The storms that we have had this week aren't good news.  The water guy for Utah said that when the new snow melts we will have flooding.  He said "it will be like filling a thimble with a fire hose."  Our girls camp is only 4 weeks away and I'm getting nervous that we might not be able to camp there.  So I need to find some back up plans asap!  I'm wondering how bad the flooding is going to be?  My guess is BAD!

5.  I took all three kids to the dentist this week.  I'm not saying anything else about it except it wasn't good news.  And it's going to be a lot of money to fix everyone's teeth.  Why is it that I didn't get a cavity until I was 19 and all of my kids have several?  Oh yea, must be the fluoride.  See people...it's NOT a bad thing to have in the water.  

I hope you all have had a fantastic week and that it was filled with more ups than downs!

2 comments:

Jocelyn Christensen said...

Yes, I missed the Mentalist too, because my husband voted for the Office instead! :(

Becky said...

I really hear you on the fluoride thing. I also didn't have cavities as a kid, have since gotten them since being in Utah, and my kids have had their share. We do give them fluoride tablets, but we aren't very consistent with it. On a side note, I stopped getting cavities when I started having my dentist give me the fluoride treatments he gives the kids every 6 months. It works great for me!

Post a Comment