Friday, August 5, 2011

5 on Friday

Wahoo!  It's been a MUCH better week!  You gotta love weeks like this!!

Top 5 or more...

1.  I cut off my hair!  I couldn't be happier!  I swear there is nothing better than a good haircut.  I loved seeing that pile of hair on the floor.  I just felt liberated.  I'm not sure if that makes sense to you but seeing that hair just made me feel awesome!  I realized again that it's ok to change my mind.  It was on my bucket list to grow out my hair and donate it.  But honestly, I was miserable.  It was ok to change my mind.  I don't want to live a miserable life!  I think that's why it was so liberating to cut that hair off!

2.  I played with my kids in the rain!  We had such a good time!  Someone commented on that post and said "now THAT is good parenting."  It made me feel so good!  We laughed so hard!  GOOD memories were made.  This is the kind of mom I'm striving to become.  I LOVED playing with my kids.  And I can't wait for it to rain again and again!  

3.  I took the kids to see Harry Potter 7.2 yesterday.  We are a little obsessed with Harry Potter these days.  When the movies first came out my kids were 2 and 3 and they didn't care of course!  Now that our son is 10 he's totally into Harry Potter.  Even our 5 year old is in on the action.  He uses his drum stick as a wand.  It's hilarious that he goes around casting spells on everything and everyone.  I have to admit that I'm even enjoying watching the movies.  And 7.2 was awesome!  

4.  We went to the farmer's market for the first time this season.  It was kind of sad that is was so sparse.  We've had yet another year of crazy weather.  But we still had a good time.  The highlight was getting "samales" aka tamales.  I'll be sad when our 5 year old starts saying it the right way.  We enjoyed the samales!

5.  I dropped off the 2,000 packets that we put together this week at Jenny Phillips' house.  Everyone who helped got paid.  After setting aside our tithing we still had plenty left!  I feel so blessed.  The kids each put in hours of work!  They had enough money to pay for the movie yesterday and go back to school shopping.  Well, I should say our daughter bought clothes.  Our son bought a video game and legos.  He said he had enough clothes.  I just had to laugh.  I love having boys! 


6.  Forgiving is such an awesome thing!  I had my husband give me a blessing before he went fishing in Alaska (lucky)!  He told me that Heavenly Father had forgiven me for the things that I said to my family.  I had been praying so hard for forgiveness.  I realized that I have done everything I need to to offer my apologies.  It was such a comfort to know that the Lord forgave me.  I love my Savior!  Repenting is such a cool experience.  I know that's why this week has been such a good one.  I feel as if a ton of bricks has been lifted off my shoulders.  I know that I can't make anyone forgive me and that's ok.  I know I've done all that I can possibly do.  That's what matters.  

So if you find yourself in a similar circumstance that I am in.  Just know that if you sincerely apologize to those you have hurt and ask God to forgive you, He will!  It's doesn't matter if your apology is accepted or not.  You have no control over that.  You do have control over your actions!  I am totally at peace.   

Bottom 5...

1.  Our 5 year old has decided that using his adhesive remover wipes are a good way to clean things!  After talking to him about it he told me he wouldn't get into those anymore.  I came home from a meeting last night and found lens cleaner wipes on the front yard.  I guess he thought since the adhesive wipes were off limits these weren't.  Ugggg....

2.  The dog has been on my nerves this week.  I'm going to go buy a baby gate so he can't get into the basement anymore.  He knows when he's in trouble!  

3.  I bought a book called "Clutters Last Stand."  That's not bad.  It's the clutter I'm worried about.  I feel the clutter shaking in their boots!  The clutter wants to be on the bottom this week!  But guess who's going to win?  Me!

4.  Migraines stink!  I thought I could sleep it off but I was wrong!  Luckily Excedrin was able to help!  

5.  I've been thinking a lot this week.  I had my "breakdown" over my daughter starting Jr. High.  I just wish that she could stay little forever.  I just can't believe that she's growing up.  I'm so glad that she has good friends though.  I know she'll have fun but it's still hard for me to send her off!  It just seems like yesterday that I dropped her off at kindergarten.  I have a feeling that I'm going to do the "ugly" cry on the first day of school.   

1 comments:

Audrey said...

I just love you. Seriously, I just love yer stinkin' guts. :)

Post a Comment