Thursday, August 18, 2011

Fortune Cookie


I had this fortune cookie laying around.  I thought what the heck, let's see what it says.  I was hoping it would give me some wise wisdom that I could pin up somewhere.  But really, how often does that happen?  More often you'll get a fortune that says "if you eat BBQ tomorrow more hair will grow on your head."  You know what I'm talking about!  

I laughed when I read this.  How ironic that I get this fortune at this time in my life.  I've had MUCH conflict lately and have chosen to handle it the best I can.  These last couple of days have been hard because even after making an effort to apologize it has done nothing.  
On Sunday we had a lesson in YW about repenting.  We read a scripture that basically says that the Lord will forgive whom He will forgive but of you it is required to forgive all men.  I told the girls about my situation and told them that they will come across people in their lives that despite all efforts being made on their parts those hurt might not forgive.  I told them that it's not their fault and that God will forgive them if all efforts have been made.  

We will all run across people who are unforgiving people in this lifetime.  I believe that having a forgiving heart is a spiritual gift that God can give each and every one of us.
It is not an easy situation when this happens.  I feel at peace because I KNOW 100% that the Lord has forgiven me.  And I am coping with the situation.  And you can too!  

I know I'm not the only one going through this with family, friends or other loved ones.  So trust God.  Do what you need to do to repent.  Say sorry to those you've offended and offer your apologies to God.  
God never said He wouldn't forgive you if those you hurt don't forgive you.  It's THEIR problem and they will have to answer for that one day.  

So rest easy my fellow sinners, oops I mean my fellow friends who despite making mistakes are truly trying their best.  
I am grateful for my husband's parents.  I am so grateful that they have noticed significant growth over these last couple of years.  I am so grateful that they don't hold onto the past.  I am grateful they love me.  I am grateful they forgive and FORGET.  I love those guys!

So go for it!  Let the pain and the hurt go!  It's ok if they won't forgive you.  Hang in there because I know I'm not alone in this!

0 comments:

Post a Comment