Tuesday, August 23, 2011

It All Started With A Massage...Luckily!!

Here's how my day started out...
Here's how it ended...
Yes, that's right.  My day started out with a FULL body massage!  It was pure bliss!  I've never had a massage like that.  This now will be something I do on a regular basis.  
The bliss ended with a trip to the ER with my daughter.  She has a MASSIVE infection on her leg.  After school today the spot was huge.  I drew a line around the area and when I saw that it was spreading within a matter of minutes I took her to the ER.
I'm so glad I did.  Who knows what would have happened if I let it go one more day?  Honestly, she probably would have ended up hospitalized.  
So she's on IV antibiotics and oral antibiotics.  We have to go back to the hospital tomorrow for another dose of IV meds.  She left the hospital with her IV.  She's in so much pain.  They gave her some pain meds luckily.  She has to stay home tomorrow and not move!  The Dr. said she can get up to go to the bathroom and to eat.  The infection can spread quickly the more she moves around. 
I can't believe she already has to miss a day of school.  She's not happy about that.  That makes me happy that she's loving school so much already!
Get well quickly sweetheart!

0 comments:

Post a Comment