Ok, I know it's Saturday but I had to get this posted. Even if it's a day late. I'm posting from the hospital again. Lucky me! Our 5 year old is here for another surgery. We got here Wednesday for his bowel prep. His surgery was on Thursday. He's doing well. Actually today he's grumpy. I'll keep you all posted as to his progress.
So without further ado, here is my hospital version.
1. We've had the best nurses! We even saw Emily, one of our favorites! She was working on another pod and so we stopped by to say hi! It was so fun to see her.
2. The child life specialists are AMAZING. Carter LOVES Star Wars (did you know that it's coming back to theaters in Feb in 3D? Oh yea!!) so child life totally tapped into that. The made him two sticks to hold. One has General Grevious (is that right?) and the other has Annakin (again, not sure how to spell these). They help him "fight" through his pain. They also printed off some pictures to hang up in his room. Awesome!!
3. We have a great view. We can see downtown Salt Lake and we can even see the Salt Lake Temple!
4. When we arrived on Wednesday we saw the coolest ice sculptures outside. It was Santa's sleigh and his reindeer. We went outside today and it's all melted.
5. The Hubs spent the night here last night (yes we are still together!!) and I took our older two to a movie. We saw We Bought a Zoo. It was excellent! I was in bed by 7:30. Fantastic!
1. The food. It's good. But it will mess with your bowels VERY quickly!
2. Carter is a GRUMP today. I don't blame him, poor little guy but wow! This is when it gets really hard staying here.
3. The "bed" in his room is super comfy. Oh wait, I typed that wrong! It's the most uncomfortable thing ever invented. Imagine taking your grandmother's chair wrapped in plastic, pulling it out into a flat thing and then sleeping on it.
4. I don't have any sheet music to play. There's a baby grand just sitting here and my fingers are itching to play!
5. The playroom is awesome but they give me funny looks as I'm making puppets and painting. Can't moms play too???
Thanks for the visits, emails, texts, etc. They are VERY much appreciated. I'll keep you posted.
If you want to send Carter an email you can! He would love it, especially since the gift shop is closed until Jan 3rd. Click HERE to send him a message (Carter Warner).
Happy New Year! I'm excited for 2012. And no, I'm not sad that we are spending it at the hospital!