Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Want to Know Wednesday...Birthday

null


It's been MONTHS since I've participated in one of my favorite things!  I love Want to Know Wednesdays!  And who doesn't LOVE birthdays? 


{1} What is your favorite way to celebrate birthdays?
My birthday...I love the tradition we have in the Warner family.  All the girls meet for lunch to celebrate.  We've been doing it for years now!  The bday girl gets to choose where we eat.  


My kids...I love to surprise them with something.  When my daughter turned 12 we bought a life size cut out of Justin Beiber and then hid it in the bathroom.  When she got up for school that morning hearing the scream was worth getting up so early!

The bday girl/boy gets to choose what special dinner they want.  I can be anything really.  One year Ian wanted breakfast for dinner.  DONE!!


I also try and make whatever cake they want.  Ian wanted these mini "burgers" for his.  I put them on top of his cupcakes.  
{2} Which is more fun to celebrate? Celebrating yours or your loved ones?
It's way more fun to celebrate my loved ones' birthdays.  I love throwing parties.  I love decorating, buying loot bag goodies, planning the menu, invitations, etc.  I LOVE kids parties.

For her birthday party I wrote get to know you questions on a rubber ball.  We tossed it around the room.  Whatever question your right thumb landed on you had to answer.  
{3} What is your dessert of choice for birthday celebrating?
I love cherry chip cake with cherry icing.  Yum!  And it HAS to be served with vanilla ice cream.  
{4} Tell us about your best birthday you've ever had.



Should I let these pictures speak for themselves?  My 35th birthday was soooo much fun!  We played pass the camera, floppy face and more games.  And the Happy Birthday Song was something VERY special.  Yes, this is the best birthday I've ever had.
{5} Share your favorite birthday song
I don't have one.  Is there more than one?  
{6} Bonus Question: if you could pick any age to be again, how old would you be and why?
Hmmm...that's a hard question.  I'd pick to be 23 again.  I'd like to live those early mommy years over again so I could savor every single second of early motherhood.  There's just nothing better than babies and toddlers.  

Thanks guys for the awesome questions as usual!!

4 comments:

Mamarazzi said...

i am so HAPPY that you decided to play, you have been missed!!

love those pictures, looks like a FABULOUS time!

those little burger cakes are adorable!!are they made with nilla wafers? so cute!!

thanks for linking up!!

Heidi said...

We need to have a birthday party again for you this year!! THIS MUST HAPPEN!! I loved your 36th bday party.. IT was a blast and a half I never had so much fun before!!

Heidi said...

We need to have a birthday party again for you this year!! THIS MUST HAPPEN!! I loved your 36th bday party.. IT was a blast and a half I never had so much fun before!!

Crazymamaof6 said...

super cute mini burgers.

i like cherry chip too. yum.

what funny pics. super fun party!

thanks for linking up!

Post a Comment