Sunday, March 4, 2012

World's Best Rice Pudding

THIS IS HOW GOD INTENDED US TO EAT RICE!! 
 Forget the soy sauce, the gravy, etc.  It's all about this amazing recipe.  Plus it's gluten free!  And isn't eating gluten free a healthy way to eat?  Actually this recipe is pretty healthy given the alternatives.

So here is the recipe for the World's Best Rice Pudding

8 C milk - I used fat free and it turned out great!
1 C sugar - you could use Splenda too
1 C long grain rice


Combine these 3 ingredients in a large pot.  Bring to a boil over medium heat. Then simmer on low heat for 1 hour, covered (don't start the timer until it's come to a boil).  Stir every 10 minutes or so.


In a bowl mix up...
3 eggs
1/4 C milk
1/4 t salt - I always use Kosher
2 t vanilla - please make sure you use GOOD vanilla!  I love the Mexican vanilla and you can now buy it at the grocery store.
1 t cinnamon. 


I mix these up just as the rice is starting to simmer so that by the time I add them to the rice mixture it's at room temperature.


When rice is finished simmering slowly pour in the egg mixture.  Make sure you stir as you pour or the eggs will scramble.  Stir over the heat for 2 minutes, constantly stirring.  Don't stop stirring unless you want scrambled egg rice pudding.


After 2 minutes pour mixture into a 9x13 pan.  Cover with plastic wrap.  Vent the corners so the steam can escape.  Let it cool to room temperature.  Remove plastic wrap and sprinkle with cinnamon.  Re-cover with clean plastic wrap and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.


Enjoy!!



1 comments:

Heidi said...

Loved it! Now I must make it! But Dang 8 cups of milk!! I may have to half the recipe! I'll get in trouble if I use up the milk.. No more cearel oh no!!

Post a Comment