Friday, May 11, 2012

My Bike Accident

I was in a really bad accident on Wednesday.  Honestly it is a true miracle that I'm here typing this and not lying in a hospital bed.  My 11 year old and I were on a bike ride and I ended up losing control of my bike and slamming into a house.  


Ian and I were riding down a little hill and of course we pedaled as fast as we could.  I planned on making a wide turn onto our street but a car was coming and it was too late to turn.  I panicked.  I rode right into our neighbor's yard.  My head first hit the pine branch and then I slammed into the house.  I was going fast enough to damage the rain gutter and siding with my face!  




It truly was a miracle that I wasn't killed or hurt worse.  Seriously.  The height of the tree branch should have clothes lined me.  When I hit the curb I closed my eyes.  I didn't know to duck my head.  I swear I have a guardian angel by my side the entire time.


I had a really rough night last night.  It was hard to go back and see the damage I had done.  It was hard to remember slamming into that house.  I have NEVER experienced anything like that.  I have never experienced such pain either.  

 My bruised cheek
The biggest heart break for me what that my glasses broke.


I am one lucky girl.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Ouch! I guess you learned your lesson! You should control your speed wherever you are on the bike. By the way, whose house did you slam into? Did they get angry? Be careful next time and don’t forget to wear your protective gear.

-Raleigh Crowl

Post a Comment