Thursday, June 28, 2012

Hope Kids, Hope Ranch & Life Update

When it rains, it pours and I'm ready to put my umbrella away.  It's been almost 5 months since The Hubs has been out of work.  Carter has been back in the hospital. Today our car died.  Carter's PICC line is getting infected.  The birds are continuing to eat our garden and I hate the heat! I need a break!  A neighbor of our said that if it wasn't for bad luck we wouldn't have any luck at all.  


Carter has been home for almost 2 weeks.  He came home with a PICC line and TPN and Lipids.  It's his nutrition.  He's so very, very malnourished.  It looks like his PICC line is starting to get infected.  And he has a terrible infection on his bum.  I had to borrow our neighbor's car to go and get a Rx for it.  He still isn't eating well at all. I'm thinking he will end up with a feeding tube but what do I know?


I do know that he LOVES Hope Kids.  Last Saturday we got to go out to Hope Ranch in West Jordan, UT for some horseback riding and a BBQ.  We had a BLAST!  Addison wasn't able to come with us because she was at Girl's Camp.  


Here's proof...


 Check out those boots!  He was so excited to wear them!

 My Boys!



 Ian's allergies were terrible!  He was not a happy guy!




The day would not have been complete without a little goofing off!




1 comments:

Beth W said...

I'm so glad that you have something like that near you! And that y'all are staying strong together, throughout all the setbacks.

Also, that last picture is priceless. :)

Post a Comment