Friday, August 24, 2012

5 on Friday!

Someone asked if I was still blogging.  Yes, I am I just haven't in forever!  So today that changes.

Here are the top and bottom things that happened this week.

Top 5...

1.  I finally got my frumpy hair cut!  It's so dang cute!  And I LOVE the girl who cut it!  No, my new hair cut isn't frumpy.  The old one was.  

2. The Hubs got paid!!!!  I was able to get the kids some school clothes!  I took my 11 year old out and we made an afternoon out of it!  See?  Do you know how long it's been since I've enjoyed In N Out?  Too long!
 3.  Carter was assigned afternoon Kindergarten!  Yay!  Now he can sleep in one more year!

4.  Carter says THE cutest things!  I just love it.  I was tucking him in and I told him "Goose night"!  He then told me "Hippo night Mom".  

5.  The Hubs turned 40!  We had some friends over for a little party and had so much fun!  Here's his cake!  What do you think?

Bottom 5...

1.  Carter has a stomach bug.  What would normally knock us out for a day can be WAY worse for Carter.  I took him to the doctor on Thursday for a weight check and it wasn't good.  He's lost almost 2 pounds this month.  He should be gaining a couple of grams a day.  So we are headed back up to PCMC for the follow up nutrition clinic next week.  He also had tons of pain at the doctor's office too so they did a stool sample.  Cdiff came back negative but we still don't know what it is.  Hopefully I will find out tomorrow.

2.  I freaking HATE this heat.  I hate the dog days of summer.  Please make it stop!  I hate that we don't have AC in the house!  Maybe that's a good thing actually.  I'd also hate the power bill in the summer too!

3.  My broken butt is still killing me!  It's been almost 4 weeks since I re-injured my butt.  Thank goodness for heavy duty pain meds.  

4.  Ok, I know I just finished complaining about the heat but is summer really over?  Why can't it just be 70 degrees all year long?  I'm going to miss this...
5.  I'm really worried about Carter going to school.  It just seems like every one gets sick at the beginning of the year.  And for some reason Carter just can't fight off those germs.  Who wants to guess how much school he will miss this year?  

I hope you all had a fantastic week!  

1 comments:

Beth W said...

Yay for being paid! AND for In-n-Out. :D

I hope the heat breaks soon....we're in the downward slide to Fall, so hang in there.

Post a Comment