Friday, August 31, 2012

5 on Friday

It's Friday already?  This week has flown by for me!  I love it!

Top 5...

1.  School started!  We officially have an 8th grader, 6th grader and a kindergartener!  

2.  Carter had his kindergarten testing this week and I was so proud!  And it also reaffirmed my decision to hold him back a year.  Oh man, is he ready!  And if anyone is considering holding their child back, do it!  I do not regret it for a second!

3.  The weather this weekend is going to be amazing!  Thank you Mother Nature for cooling things down for us a bit!  It will be that much easier to clean up our backyard.  

4.  We finally have a "green" dumpster in our driveway.  Which means we can cut down some trees and clean up the disaster that we call a back yard.  

5.  A good friend of mine had a baby a couple of weeks ago and I was able to go over and spend time there chatting and holding that cute little baby!  It was so much fun!

Bottom 5...

1.  This has been a bloody week, literally.  Our 11 year old has gotten the worst bloody noses this week.  I'm talking bleed out both nostrils and last for 30 minutes bad!  It was so bad that I just shoved tampons up his nose.  He asked what they were for and I thought it best not to tell him!  So I just told them that they were for bloody noses.  It worked like a charm though!

2.  I have been in a terrible funk all week long.  I'm exhausted.  I hate it.  I must look really tired too because my kids keep pointing it out.

3.  At the end of last year I ran for PTA president.  I didn't win.  And, honestly, I didn't care.  I just knew I wanted to help out.  They asked me to be one of the VPs.  Great!  Did I get a call, an email or anything about helping out?  Nope.  Nice.  I know I shouldn't care, but I do.   

4.  I miss my piano.    

5.  My green thumb is broken.  It hasn't wanted to pick any weeds in the garden at all!  We're talking all summer long.  Just use your imagination to picture our patch of weeds!  It's bad.  

Have a good week my friends!     

0 comments:

Post a Comment