Monday, August 24, 2009

Burdens to Blessings

Our stake did something so amazing on Saturday. From 9-11 anyone could drop off reusable clothes and shoes in ANY gender and size. And then from 11-1 you could come back if you wanted to and take as much as you needed. They called it burdens to blessings. You dropped off you burdens and then picked up your blessings.

I know that there are people out there that REFUSE to wear anything second hand. I ask you WHY, WHY, WHY??? So get this...you buy something brand new, you wear it, you wash it and then it's used!! So if you are only into wearing BRAND NEW CLOTHES then we all wear USED clothes every day if you really stop to think about it. So why not save a buck or two and go thrift shopping?


I ended up getting some cute clothes for everyone. Well almost everyone...sorry Steve. I looked but there was nothing good. I took it home and washed everything and put it away. In fact I'm wearing some darling capris from the clothing drive as we speak. And when I go out in public NO ONE knows where I got them!!


Get it you haters of thrift shopping??? No one knows where you bought your clothes and frankly, no one cares. I don't care if you bought them at Nordstroms or Wal-Mart. There are inexpensive ways to look cute and stylish. Seriously...I get compliments a lot on my clothes and I just smile and say "thank you". And then I think to myself...if you only knew where I got them or how much I spent you'd be shocked!

2 comments:

Alynda said...

What a great idea. I love my DI skirt - it's great for the lab and I won't mind if it gets ruined (which happens on a fairly regular basis). Great job!

Aubrey Garff said...

that is so awesome! I wish our ward would do something like that!

Post a Comment