Saturday, February 20, 2010

What a GREAT day today!

This morning went to our Stake Woman's Conference. It was wonderful. The first class I went to was about receiving guidance from the scriptures. It was a very motivating class. I struggle with regular scripture study and tend to beat myself up pretty badly over it. But after taking this class I am motivated and now realize that there's so much to study from like the Ensign, Hymn Book, etc. There was a quote that was on our chair. It's long but it's worth sharing.

Elder Holland (Oct 09)

"In Lehi's dream an already difficult journey gets more difficult when a mist of darkness arises, obscuring any view of the safe but narrow path his family and others are to follow. It is imperative to note that this mist of darkness descends of ALL the travelers - the faithful and the determined ones (the elect, we might even say) as well as the weaker and ungrounded ones. The principal point of the story is that the successful travelers resist all distractions, including the lure of forbidden paths and jeering taunts from the vain and proud who have taken those paths. The record says that the protected "did press their way forward, continually [and, I might add, tenaciously] holding fast to a rod of iron that runs unfailingly along the course of the true path. However dark the night OR the day, the rod marks the way of that solitary, redeeming trail.

Love. Healing. Help. Hope. The power of Christ to counter all troubles in all times - including the end of times. That is the safe harbor God wants for us in personal or public days of despair. That is the message with which the Book of Mormon begins, and that is the message with which it ends, calling all to 'come unto Christ and be perfected in him'."

I love this quote. The closer we get to Christ's coming the bigger the separation from the world the faithful will get. And God has provided a safe harbor for all of His followers. We will be able to stick together. And I never thought about the mist of darkness descending on everybody. It does descend on us every single day and only those that are holding to the rod will be able to press forward. So grab a hold and hang on!

The next class that I went to was called "looking forward, not back/faith, hope and you". We talked about living in the past and that we need to live for right now. I realized though that I live in the future a lot! I tell myself "when my kids get older..., when I lose weight...then life will get better". And I need to STOP! I need to change my perspective on life. She had a quote on the board that I LOVE! I want to get it printed in vinyl and put it on my wall.

Everything will be okay in the end. If it isn't okay, it isn't the end.

Awesome huh? It was such an uplifting day. I am so glad that I went. At lunch we were talking about struggles and life and I ended up sharing my conversion story. One of the ladies in our group couldn't believe it. Maybe I'll share it with my blogging friends soon. I've been told that I'm a female "Alma The Younger". I'm not sure about that but it is quite THE story.

3 comments:

Karina said...

Hey, we have the same header!!
I love that quote by Elder Holland!
Hope you're doing well!

Sam said...

Thank you for your positive influence on my life! You are such a great friend!

Jocelyn Christensen said...

I love the quote that you shared...It's totally in line with my thoughts recently!

And yes, please do share your conversion story with us!!!!

Are you all done baking bread now? Thanks so much for inspiring me to do something for Haiti as well...700 fortune cookies later, it feels pretty good to help out!

Post a Comment