Saturday, November 13, 2010

Five on Friday - A Few Hours Late

This week has been quite an emotional week. I need to really post about what's going on. I'll do that this afternoon. But for now here's how the week went.

Top 5

1. I cleaned out and organized my craft room. It had literally become a dumping ground for odds and ends. You couldn't even see the floor. It was terrible. I purged so much stuff!

2. I traded a TON of my scrapbook stuff for a guitar. Thanks Audrey! I am so excited. Learning to play the guitar is something I've wanted to do for a very long time. And hopefully soon I'll be able to cross it off my Bucket List.

3. I hosted our book club at my house. We read "Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet." It's an amazing read. I HIGHLY recommend this book. My mother in law chose it for her book club too! Seriously...read this book.

4. My daughter wrote both my husband and I love notes and left them on our pillows last night.

5. I decided that I need to "fox" myself out. I went shopping! I found some cute jeans, shirts, scarves, sunglasses and shoes. I'm tired of wearing "boring" clothes. And thanks to Allison at PetitElephant.com I did it. I love her!  She's seriously changed my little life.  She's given me the courage to "dress up" despite what size I am.  Allison...you are my hero. 

Ok...here's the bottom 5 for the week

1. 2 of my kids are "sick." I took them to the pediatric GI doctor this week. My daughter's issues are totally treatable. She's got some thyroid issues. That actually explains a ton! My 4 year old son on the other hand has major issues. He was born with Hirschsprung's Disease. I actually have two children with it. But my 4 year old is not doing so well. He had to have a barium enema yesterday and it showed that his colon is so stretched out. He also has colitis. So what does that mean? He's on antibiotics for the colitis. That should help him feel better. But he will probably need more surgery soon to take out more of his colon. I'm not sure if he will need a colostomy again though. It wouldn't be the end of the world if that happened. But those surgeries are MAJOR. And he had a long recovery after his last 3 major surgeries.

2. I forgot my 10 year old's doctor's appointment AGAIN. That's $30 bucks down the drain. I set my alarm on my phone now with TWO reminders.

3. I had to get shots in both of my feet. They are still very sore and swollen. You'd think that 9 weeks post op they'd be fine. But they aren't. That's ok. Everyday is a little bit better. But those shots HURT.

4. Our yard is a mess. I need to rake it up. Gotta love that about fall, right? NO! But I really do love the end results.

5. I realized that Thanksgiving is only two weeks away. What the heck? Seriously? Where has the time gone? I also realized that it's only two weeks before we put up our Christmas decorations. I'm not ready for that. I'll try not to stress too much this year about Christmas and money! Ready or not, here it comes. Uggg...just typing this makes me stress.

0 comments:

Post a Comment