Friday, March 4, 2011

Word of Wisdom Eating

I just came across the most amazing blog called Word of Wisdom Living.  It looks like it's a fairly new blog.  But I'm impressed already.  I've really been thinking about our family's health.  We aren't a very good example...YET.  We have been eating out a little too much.  I'm tired of living like that.  Our church has a code of conduct called the Word of Wisdom.  We don't drink alcohol, tea or coffee.  We don't smoke or use drugs either.  But it goes further than that.  It says that we should eat meat "sparingly."  It also says "all wholesome aherbs God hath ordained for the constitution, nature, and use of man...Every herb in the season thereof, and every fruit in the season thereof; all these to be used with aprudence and bthanksgiving...All grain is good for the afood of man; as also the bfruit of the vine; that which yieldeth fruit, whether in the ground or above the ground."  Makes sense, right?  

I plan to really focus on REALLY living the Word of Wisdom.  I've got some great recipes to share too!  I know what we are having for dinner tonight...meatless tacos.  Oh they are soooo good!  I'll share the recipe if you'd like.  

Here are a few meatless meal ideas I came up with...
Veggie Soup
Chili
Minestrone
Lasagna - either spinach or eggplant
Indian style chickpeas
Lentil Shepherd's Pie
Ravioli
Zucchini Pancakes
Potato Pancackes
Paninis
Veggie Enchiladas
Falafels
Veggie Pizza
Portobello Burgers
Baked Pasta

0 comments:

Post a Comment