Sunday, July 3, 2011

Another Hospital Stay

It's been ages since I've blogged!  I have a good excuse.  My 4 year old had another major surgery on Wed.  He had another colostomy placed.  This makes it his 3rd.  Two years ago he had a colostomy and a take down and since then he hasn't gotten any better.  So after trying everything we could he had to have another surgery.  This time he will have his colostomy for about a year.  I want to give a big shout out to those who came up to the hospital to see Carter.  You have NO idea how much that meant to me.  THANK YOU!!  We had fun this time!  We really did.  I had a totally different attitude about the whole thing!  We got Carter up and playing right away.  He had so much fun.  I am so grateful for the volunteers who sacrifice so much to help the kids.  This was Carter's shortest stay yet!  I hope his next surgery goes just as well!  

One of the highlights was meeting Steve Young.  Ian and I ran into him as we were going to the play room.  When Ian was in the NICU the Forever Young Play Zone was just being opened.  Ian received an autographed Steve Young baseball cap even though he was a newborn.  We still have it.  We told that to Steve Young too!  I didn't have my camera with me so I made Ian RUN back to the room and grab it.  Steve Young was so nice!


Carter loves this painted horse.
Carter wanted to take a picture too!  So he took it of his Dad!
Isn't he adorable in this picture?  I LOVE it!
I love the crafts that the playroom has! I made this hat for Carter. There were so many fun 4th of July crafts that we did!

Last night I was looking out Carter's window and I started noticing fireworks!  We watched the fireworks for a while together.  It was really neat!  Carter loved it.  
Thanks again for those who visited, sent emails, prayed and just thought of us while we were up there!  Prayers were answered!

1 comments:

Jocelyn Christensen said...

Oh that is so cool that you got to meet Steve Young and get the photo! Sorry about the situation though...but glad it went well!

Post a Comment