Sunday, August 28, 2011

Changes Are a Coming!

No one likes to change.  Am I right?  It's uncomfortable and hard sometimes!  Last Sunday our stake and ward boundaries were re-aligned. 
For those that don't know what that means I'll explain.  Since the Mormon church is so huge we are assigned into "groups" or congregations.  Where you live determines where you meet for church.  You meet on Sunday as a "ward" and there are several wards that make up a "stake."  
So we were all shuffled around last week.  We gained a lot of new members that we so desperately wanted and needed.
Today on the windows of the church building it said "welcome to the new and improved 12th Ward."  Fun, huh?
Well I wasn't expecting what happened today to happen.  Our Bishop was released and a whole new bishopric was called.  I sat and bawled through the whole service.  I didn't cry because I was sad.  I cried because I learned and grew so much in such a short amount of time serving under Bishop Pitt.
I don't know what the future holds for me.  Will I stay president of Young Women's?  Only the Lord knows at this point.
I just know that changes are ahead.  Change is good.  Change is hard.  It's OK to cry.  But then we need to move on to the next amazing task God has for us!

0 comments:

Post a Comment