Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Family History Obsession

Yesterday we visited the graves of several family members buried in South Jordan, Utah.  This is the grave of my grandma's brother.  His name was Calvin Stocking.  He was a pilot in WWII.  He died on January 10, 1945 while on a training exercise in Georgia.  I remember my grandma always being sad when she talked about her brother.  I bought 3 flags so each of my children could put one on his grave.  


Today I went online and looked for all the relatives buried in Utah.  Here's who I found buried in South Jordan.


Great Grandparents Hyrum Stocking and Eliza Beckstead.


Great Great Grandparents Elizabeth Ellen Arnold Stocking, Gordon Silas Beckstead and Elzina Janette Beckstead.


Great Great Great Grandparents Henry Beckstead, Emily Grace Williams Beckstead, Saml. Alexander Beckstead


Great Great Great Great Grandparent Catherine Elinore Lince Beckstead


Here are the others who are buried in the Valley.


Ensign Stocking - Herriman
John Jay Stocking - Herriman
Araminta Churbery Allen Beckstead - Midvale
Henry Arnold - City Cemetary
Alexander Beckstead - West Jordan
Eliza Martin Allen - West Jordan


This summer I have made it a goal to go the the Church History Library downtown Salt Lake to study more of my ancestry.  Once you start, you get hooked pretty fast.  It's so fascinating to me to see where I've come from. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment