Friday, March 8, 2013

5 on Friday


Did you know that today is International Women's Day?  It's true.  It is.  So today I'm going to celebrate the top 5 women in my life.  Ok, that doesn't sound very fair at all though.  There are a lot more than 5 women that have touched my life in ways that they will never know.  There are more than 5 who have loved me at my worst and best.  There are more than 5 who've changed the course of my life for the better.  I love you all!

1.  Number one has to go to my beautiful mom!  Aren't we so cute in our "ugly Christmas Sweater" attire?  I love that she is so fun to be around!  She ALWAYS has THE best advice.  She does!  She always knows just what to say to make things better.  She's also the most talented woman I know.  I don't think there's been something she's tried that she's not good at.  I miss her terribly right now!  They are on a mission in Mexico.  My dad is the mission president and she gets to be the amazing mission mom!  Lucky missionaries!
2.  My sisters.  Have things always been smooth sailing between us?  Of course not!  I'm a brat, remember? I do love them dearly.  I wish more than anything we lived closer.  I miss them!  I'm still sorry for all the times I borrowed your clothes without permission.  Ade, you are such an amazing mother, wife, cook and example of real faith.  Jen, you always make me laugh!  Your strength amazes me!
3.  My mother in law.  She raised a pretty darn good son, The Hubs!  She is so fun to be around.  She is the best grandma!  She is always there for us.  She loves being a part of our lives and I am so grateful for that.  According to my kids she makes THE best mac n cheese in the world.  That's a hard thing to live up to!
4.   My sisters in law or is it sister in laws?  HA!  The three that are part of my life just make me all kinds of happy.  I have LOVED spending time with each one of them.  I consider them my very own sisters too!  Erin, you are so laid back and I love it!  Renae, you have influenced my mothering more than anyone else.  Thank you for being such an amazing mother and example to me!  Laura, you are so fun!  I am going to miss you like crazy when you move.  Can I come visit often?  Thank you for keeping the family functions going!

5.   Last, but not least, I'm going to celebrate me!  I want to celebrate motherhood!  It's what makes the the woman I am today.  I ADORE my children.  Adore.  I went out this week and met up with a bunch of awesome women.  We played a get to know you game.  A couple of the women said how much they loved having a break from their kids and wanted to know if they "had" to go home.  I honestly couldn't wait to get back to my kids.  I must confess that I do need a break from the fighting and the messes but not them personally.  I'm sure that's what they meant.  I really do love my kids.  There were also some grandmas who said their favorite things were getting texts from their grand kids saying they love them.  I bet being a grandma is THE best thing in this world.  But I sat there there and felt all kinds of happy because I have a 14 year old daughter who does that almost every day!  I love getting her texts.  Aren't 14 year old girls supposed to hate their moms by this point?  She doesn't and I feel SO blessed.
  Look how little they were.  Oh I love them.

Thank you to all the amazing women in my life.  I love you all so very, very much.  Now go celebrate you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment